The company advisory 2017 – 2019
Born in Honolulu, Hawaii received both her B.F.A degree in Ballet & Master of Education degree in Dance from Texas Christian University in Fort Worth, Texas and is a certified teacher in the state of Texas bythe State Board of Education (SBOE).
Her training includes international studies with the London Contempory Dance School & Ricard Alston Dance Company in London, England.
- Crystal Yukumoto was born in Honolulu, Hawaii. She received both her Bachelor of Fine Arts degree in Ballet and Master of Education degree in Dance Education from Texas Christian University (TCU) in Fort Worth, Texas, and is a certified teacher in the state of Texas by the State Board of Education (SBOE).
- She began her classical ballet training in Germany. In the United States, Crystal continued her early training at the Shreveport Metropolitan Ballet School then later with Fernando and Karen Schaffenburg at the Schaffenburg Ballet Academy in Fort Worth, Texas. In addition, her training includes international studies with the London Contemporary Dance School and the Richard Alston Dance Company in London, England. She has participated in the Glenda Brown Choreography project as a choreographer and has attended professional dance workshops at the San Francisco Dance Centre and LABAN Dance Conservatory in London.
- Crystal has worked and/or studied with such artists as Alonso King (LINES Ballet), Densil Adams, the late Fernando Bujones, Maria Brolin-Tani (Skånes Dansteater), Tom Clower (Interlochen Center for the Arts), Mary Cochran (Paul Taylor Dance Company), Todd Edson (Fort Worth/Dallas Ballet & Bruce Woods Dance Company), Titas Fatso, Margaret Mercier-Wolf (Swedish National Ballet), Robert Moses, Ben Stevenson (Texas Ballet Theater), and Deborah Vogel.
- She has danced professionally with Andrews Dance Company, Ballet Frontier, Ballet Hawaii, Commedia Ballet Theater, Contemporary Ballet Dallas, Contemporary Dance/Fort Worth, North Texas Ballet Theatre, and Skånes Dansteater in Sweden.
- Crystal has taught ballet at the Swedish National Ballet School in Malmö, Sweden. She has also taught ballroom dance through the Dancing Classrooms North Texas program. Crystal helped develop the elementary dance program at the Fort Worth Academy of Fine Arts (FWAFA) and was the director of the Junior Dance Company before moving to Hawaii. Her experience goes beyond the dance world: Crystal has worked as an Administrative Assistant for the VP of Advancement at the Brite Divinity School at TCU and is also a certified 500 RYT yoga instructor.
- In her free time, Crystal enjoys spending time with her husband and rescue dogs: Lucky and Bella. She is excited to see how God will use her education and experiences to help Prisma grow and flourish.