Welcome to Buoyant
We are an ambitious dance company, founded and headed by Saurabh Sureka, curating and convening dance workshop and performances of diverse scales in various genres, for several projects. Buoyant Performing Arts, being a non-profitable International Dance Company in Eastern India, is registered under The Societies Registration Act, 1860. The company is known for putting its intense creative energy into the realm of arts education and community service by providing dance and fitness classes for people of all ages, background and abilities.
Buoyant Performing Arts is an extraordinary meeting place for artists, audiences and communities; we make the space for great dance to happen through incubation, creation, participation, collaboration and performance.
Buoyant Performing Arts believes in strong human connection through artistic collaboration and contribution, with independent thoughts, alternative mediums and new-wave of expressions.
At BUOYANT, we create
Productions and Choreography
…that explore important issues relevant to young and older people in inspiring and engaging ways, using a rich mix of dance, music and theatre arts.
Classes & Workshops
…for young teens, adults designed not only to improve their physical condition but to improve their psychological well being (self confidence, self esteem) via a social and supportive environment by national and international artists. We also conduct master classes and workshops for professionals in dance, music and theatre.
…with like minded organizations (schools, theatres, day care centres, colleges, arts institutes) supporting, encouraging, and providing inspiration, expertise and experience in working in dance.
…for dancer artists and non dancers wanting to improve their skills in using dance.
…with visual artists, photographers, theatre companies, solo performers, free lancers for specific projects, teachings and creation of new works related to dance.
The name, BUOYANT PERFORMING ARTS, embodies several concepts. Buoyant describes the revolution in dance. Vocabularically, the lightness – in the spirit allowing dance to seep in the arts and culture in the fabric of our society well deep resulting in a positive change. It also refers cheerfulness – teaching dance to everyone so that we share love and…
What makes us amongst the top most dance companies in India
- State-of-the-art Infrastructure – We have dedicated spacious dance studios at different locations in Kolkata, which are easily accessible via metro rails and any other convenience.
- Our Crew – Having our own sound engineer, theatrical lightening expert, graphic designer, content writer, event manager, costume designer as company members, we are ready to take any projects, any workshop or any event at any time. Our dance teachers are professionally trained and selected to teach at our community classes.
- Our Performers – We have dedicated spacious dance studios at different locations in Kolkata, which are easily accessible via metro rails and any other convenience.
- Our Network – Nationally and internationally we are associated with several pioneer artists and arts-companies. We are connected with various state and national level schools, colleges, clubs and NGOs.
Company is involved
in various projects
- Professional Training Program: for potential dancers.
- Dance-For-Social Change: to introduce art to the under-privileged and specially-challenged youths.
- Dance-In-Education : To connect schools, educational institutions with creative dance learning.
- Artists-Collaboration with Dance : pairing national and international dancers, photographers, musicians, theatre & visual artists to work collectively with the company’s dancers, students and choreographers, beyond the geo-political borders.
- Dancers EXChange for Learning: Artist exchanges with dance companies, providing placements and internships.
Our Collaborators & Supporters
Educational Organisations & NGOs
I thought it would be boring and difficult to learn ballet. But simple exercises can be very athletic. You can dance to ballet to any style of music. You can have fun and laugh.
"Bringing professional training in international dance, this company opens prepares Kolkata dancers to compete outside."
"Janet Reed is a great teacher who with her determination to achieve her goal and her hunger to keep on achieving her dream even at this age is a great source of inspiration to all the aspiring artists. I thank Buoyant for getting such a great ensemble of experience and encouragement for us. She taught us a very important lesson that is dreams are to be conquered and to be not given up on."
“ I joined as a student and later joined the company in 2013 and I feel really proud to say that I am a company member at Buoyant. Whatever I have learnt is only in this company under Saurabh Sir. The company is the only company that provides vast opportunities for learning, teaching and performing.”
“I have seen myself changed in two years with the company, from being a confused person to focussed. Buoyant has provided me lot of exposure in everything. It helped me grow my confidence, build my own style and think out of the box. The company believes in open minded approach, nothing is wrong in art and pushes you to achieve many goals in short time.”
“Buoyant has been very creative and have been initiating and organizing unique projects in the city for dancers and dance enthusiasts. I have been attending many workshops at their studio and they really get good teachers and mentors."
“We are honoured to be a part of Buoyant. The teachers are friendly, well organized, and most important – my daughters Hope, Bailee, and Grace have a ton of fun! We deeply appreciate their talents and passions! “